Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rodarte for Target

So as many of you know, today was the debut of the Rodarte for Target line!  I woke up early this morning (well, earlier than my usual winter break 2 PM ritual of dragging myself out of bed) and I got dressed as quickly as possible to get to Target.  When I got there, I noticed that the women's clothing department definitely did not include Rodarte.  I asked the lady at customer service, and she said she'd never even heard of it! (Well I guess I should have known...this is south Louisiana)  But before I had a break down,  I decided to try the other Target across town.  After driving another 30 minutes, I finally got my Rodarte fix! I definitely did not expect the collection to be so awesome! I had loved the Anna Sui for Target line so much that I couldn't help but think that Rodarte wouldn't live up to it, but I've got to say that it did.  All of the pieces were whimsical in the most amazing way, with bold colors and creative textures.  It was hard for me to choose only a few pieces because I wanted everything! One of my favorite items was the leopard print lace dress with the bow details on the back, but unfortunately all of the small sizes were sold out.  I did find that the clothes ran a little big. I usually fit in a size 3 or a small, but for this line the size 1 and extra small fit better.  Anyway, I narrowed it down to three things: an adorable hooded rain jacket (I've been searching for the perfect rain jacket for 2 years and I finally found it!) a purple lace cami, and a lovely gold skirt.  I give this collection an A+







Thank you, Lovely Julian, for photographing me and providing such a whimsical backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment